Gems are Spell Items that can be used by mages, battle mages, evokers, mystic knights, sages, sorcerers, necromancers, weather mages, mimes and prophets to conjure elemental spells to deal damage to enemies from afar. Evokers can also use them to conjure elemental spirits, chi monks can imbue their physical attacks with an element through gems, and weather mages can change the current weather through them as well.
All classes can merge gems into their equipment to give it either offensive or defensive elemental properties. Gems can also be extracted from elemental equipment, but the piece of equipment will lose the properties in that case.
There are currently eleven different gemstones in the game:
- Amethyst (Enables darkness-elemental spells)
- Aquamarine (Enables water-elemental spells)
- Diamond (Enables light-elemental spells)
- Emerald (Enables wood-elemental spells)
- Garnet (Enables earth-elemental spells)
- Opal (Enables ice-elemental spells)
- Ruby (Enables fire-elemental spells)
- Sapphire (Enables wind-elemental spells)
- Topaz (Enables lightning-elemental spells)
- Zirconia (Enables spells of any element; cannot be merged into equipment)
- Gobbledegook’s Gem (Enables casting a random elemental spell; cannot be merged into equipment.)