Scholar is one of the expert job classes available to the players of Heroica RPG once they reach level 30 and fulfill a special requirement. Getting access to this job class requires completion of certain quests related to the Pandemonicon.
These academic researchers wield the power of knowledge.
- Additional Health: +6
- Additional Ether: +9 (+1 per level for classes without base ether)
- Weapons: Scholars can use throwing weapons and wands. They are also talented with scrolls.
- Job Traits: Arcane Wisdom - Scholars can spend ether to get a hint on any puzzle or riddle that they encounter - the more ether they spend, the more revealing the hint is; Well-read – Scholars can use any scroll with a 2/3 success rate; Glossolalia – Scholars can speak any language and communicate with any sentient being.
- Battle Style: Scholastic – Scholars are most efficient with a vast selection of scrolls at hand.
- SHIELD: Lecture – The scholar gives the target a proper teaching, using all the scrolls in his inventory at the same time, each with a 2/3 chance of success. Scrolls granting negative effects are aimed to the target, while those granting positive effects are aimed at the scholar. The scholar can only use as many scrolls as his remaining ether allows, starting from the one listed first in their inventory. Scrolls that grant pre-existing effects or ones the target is immune to are not used.
- CRITICAL EDUCATED HIT: The scholar attacks the target with strength equal to two times their weapon power added to their level and the amount of ether they have spent. (e.g. WP 15 x 2 + Level 30 + 5 ether spent = 65 damage)
- EDUCATED HIT: The scholar attacks the target with strength equal to their weapon power added to their level and the amount of ether they have spent. (e.g. WP 15 + Level 30 + 5 ether spent = 50 damage)
- MEDITATE: The scholar concentrates to regain 1 ether.
- DAMAGE: The scholar is struck by the opponent’s attack.
- SPECIAL GUARD: The scholar is struck by the opponent’s special skill, but has a ½ chance to be protected from any negative effects caused by it.