Skirmisher is one of the expert job classes available to the players of Heroica RPG once they reach level 30 and fulfill a special requirement. Getting access to this job class requires completion of certain quests related to the Lion Knights.
These loyal soldiers team up with their allies to form the backbone of large forces.
- Additional Health: +15
- Weapons: Skirmishers can wield spears, lances, halberds, longswords and shields.
- Job Traits: Diplomacy (see Knight); Assistance – When three or more heroes act from the same row as the skirmisher, those heroes receive the encouraged-effect. Skirmishers cannot encourage themselves, but may encourage and be encouraged by other skirmishers; Ranged – Skirmishers can use their spears, lances and halberds as throwing weapons.
- Battle Style: Cooperative – Skirmishers realize their true potential when working as part of a larger force.
- SHIELD: Phalanx – The skirmisher crouches behind their shield in close formation with the rest of the party, halving the whole party's damage taken during the next three rounds. If a Shield is rolled again when Phalanx is in effect, it will be extended by another three rounds).
- CRITICAL HIT: The skirmisher attacks the target with strength equal to two times their weapon power added to their level. (e.g. WP 15 x 2 + Level 30 = 60 damage)
- HIT: The skirmisher attacks the target with strength equal to their weapon power added to their level. (e.g. WP 15 + Level 30 = 45 damage)
- DEFEND: The skirmisher steps out in front of the rest of the party, decreasing the damage they take until the end of the next round by an amount equal to the skirmisher's defense.
- DEFLECTED DAMAGE: The skirmisher is struck by the opponent’s attack. The skirmisher's equipped shield has a 1/6 chance of blocking the attack completely.
- SPECIAL DAMAGE: The skirmisher is struck by the opponent’s special skill